“Give them a fish, feed them for a day.
Teach them to fish, feed them for a lifetime.”
At AccessibilityConsulting.ca we believe in teaching you to fish
We provide individualized services depending on the size and goals of your organization or education institution.
We support you to make systemic changes. We’ll help you build accessibility into all levels of your organization’s information and communication technologies (ICT).
We can help you exceed your legislative requirements. We are a collective of educators with expert knowledge of the following legislation:
- Canadian & Provincial Human Rights Code(s)
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Accessible Canada Act (ACA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- EN 301 549
- The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) Accessibility Regulations (PSBAR)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
- ISO 14289 PDF/UA.
We deliver custom education sessions.
We will educate your team to make your digital content and environments accessible, usable, and inclusive.
Depending on your organizational needs, we provide customized educational experiences. We provide virtual and classroom synchronous teaching and individual mentoring. We are a collective of educators with expert knowledge in the following areas:
Teaching and Learning
- Diversity Perspectives & Inclusion
- Writing in Plain Language
- Instructional Skills
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Learning Theory
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
- Formative Feedback
- Intersected Practices
- Pedagogies of Mattering/Belonging
- Inclusive Assessment Practices
- Reflective Teaching and Learning Practices
- Models of Disability & Ableism
Media & Web
- Accessible Documents
- Writing for Alternative Text
- (Video/Audio) Captioning & Transcripts
- (Video/Audio) Description (AD/DV), Integrated Description, & Descriptive Transcripts
- Assistive Technology Education
- Testing (Automatic, Manual, End-User/Usability)
- Persona Development
- Social Media / Inclusive Communication
- Visual Design
- User Experience Design
- Accessible Front-End & Back-End Development Mentoring
- Accessibility Legislation & Compliance
- Accessibility for Managers
- Maturity Models
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Accessible Procurement
We help you to innovate and introduce new products and services that are accessible and inclusive.
Our collective of educators have supported teams to create a variety of accessible information and communication technology (ICT) research and grant projects. Everything from VR/AR/XR education simulation environments to geospatial mapping, mobile transit apps to captioning and description software. We can support you and your team to innovate using an inclusive mindset.
We create accessible curriculum content. Our passion is education. We want to collaborate with you to build out your content to be usable and inclusive for all. We are happy to create new content, or work with your existing content to create accessible curricula.
We collaborate to implement a universal design for learning (UDL) framework for your curriculum.
We build accessible learning environments. Depending on your learning management system (LMS), we can support the development of learning materials and the education of your team.